Friday, October 3, 2008

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Ahoy! As a first entry I think it's only fitting to pay tribute to the 2004 and 2007 World Series Champions, as well as owners John Henry and Tom Werner, and thank them for making me and me hearties' life-long dreams come true. In fact, what happened to me and me crew almost a year ago, was beyond any pirate or landlubber's wildest dreams...

On October 30, 2007, me hearties and I joined hundreds of fellow Red Sox fans for a Rolling Rally in honor of the team's latest World Series triumph. We thought the highlight of our venture was going to be waving to The Admiral (Timlin) and watching the Jolly Roger flap in the wind as the Duck Boats rolled down Tremont Street.

However, several hours after the celebration had ceased (or so we thought), me crew and I went on account by Henry's notorious galleon. Our hopes in loitering near the Iroquois were merely to catch a glimpse of Boston's most beloved buccaneers, but as the night went on, we sensed something bigger a'brewing.

It seems the principle owners were hosting a grand gathering for their colleagues, and while shareholders and dignitaries guzzled rum and devoured roasts, the guests of honor made time for four humble fans.
We held the most sought after treasure in all of Major League Baseball, and shook the hands of the behind-the-scenes botswains who made it all happen.

Our deepest and sincerest thanks go out to John Henry and Tom Werner for treating us like equals (Werner even asked us our names!), and to the entire Red Sox organization for being the best in baseball. And anyone who disagrees can walk the plank!

No comments: